Sunday 10 July 2011

Live at the ICA Untitled Lines 21st July 2011



A few months ago I was asked to perform in the ICA as part of the Pablo Bronstein exhibition. I wanted to write a new work for the new space. What has resulted from the invitation is an electronic work which will be played live called Untitled Lines.The work explores moments of elegance in drifting borders of sound. As always with my works I score them before and during composition, visualising a raw physicality which then translates directly and indirectly into the finished works. The photo above is an image of my self surrounded by my own music. I find tracing paper a very beautiful media to work with because of it's sound and translucency, on this occasion I was wrapped in nearly four meters of it.
Untitled Lines is to be performed in the theatre space of the ICA at 8pm on the 21st of July.
Photo Green Lens Studio's London\
jo@jothomas.me

No comments:

Post a Comment